Thursday, May 8, 2008

Adventurous travel back home

So, at last I got home from L.A., but not without any adventures :)) While flying from L.A. to Francfurt just right next to me an american guy was sitting. I found him interesting because he was drinking vodka and water, and also reading a book about fascism. Strange enough, hmm? Later we started to chat like where are you going - to Lithuania. I thought he was joking but then I read from his face: does she know this country? :D Yeah, that was trully fluctuation, cause he must have flew an hour later, but it happened so that he was flying with the same plane and sitting next to me and speaking perfect english and as it appeared good lithuanian. Kestas was born in USA, but after Lithuania has gained an independence, started visiting Lithuania. We chated all the flight about Lithuania, Europe, USA... he explained many things going on in America from the point of view of american citizen, problems they are going through like about 3 millions of mexicans are living in L.A. right now, like poor american people actually are living quite well... They just look horrible. As for the end of the trip that was really Wow! I'm looking forward to meet him sometime :)

Then I had a connecting flight in Francfurt and met a girl from L.A., Emely, also going to Nice, festival in Cannes, which starts next week. We met in a strange place - toilets :) She works as a designer in some newspaper (magazin) and was travelling alone from L.A. to N.Y., then to Brussels, then she missed her plane and got to Francfurt instead of Nice. She has spent about 24 hours in planes... and had nobody to talk to! That's horrible, sometimes there are days like that. But also I found it very intersting to chat with a young girl from L.A., who actually works in that star-business. Now I found out why do people stay in queues to get to the club in USA :)) The reality
is ridiculous, but it's a different story...

And in order to end the adventurous story of mine... I met a german woman traveling to Nice who is building a house on the border of France and Italy somewhere in the mountains. I think I convinced her to go to Grasse for perfume :))

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

fluctuations, yeah! (: sutapimai vezh. sveika gryzus i Europa