Sunday, January 20, 2008

First time: skiing

Première fois - I decided today to open a new category as it becomes more and more relevant topic. I mean, try this, try that :) So this time zero pictures, but lots of impressions.

Somehow I was lucky not to forget anything :) Probably thanks to Agne, she was trying to make the first time softer :) I even took my bus on time, 7.30 (but we left 7.55...) and had some sleep. Later adventures began. I rented the skies with batons and boots. I was not able to get on me the first pair of the boots - are my legs so big?! No, glad to hear that :) Taking a bigger size solves the problem. A queue near funicular, and at 11 you are on the green field for debutants :) By achieving it I realized two things: I don't have a skipass for funiculars and I forgot to give my shoes to the guys in ski renting shop. Yeah... it does not stop me from skiing :D As I was left completely alone and without any instructions,the first thing I did - investigated my opportunities to get a lesson on skiing today. Lucky me, that was possible, but only at 1 o'clock :) Très bien!

On Sunday there are lots of people, so as a debutant I was afraid to go strait onto the 'highway'. However, practicing to stop skiing on the almost icy snow gave almost zero results: I learned to put the skies on, put them off, stand with skies and to fall down. Thoughts like: this is not for me, I am not born to ski, there is no chance to join the 'highway' - started bugging me. And burning sun settled me down for awhile until 1 o'clock :) Then I had a wrong teacher, unhappy that I did not ski peviously and had no exprience in any kind of sports, and also having no skipass, only a bus ticket :) He got nervious and then told that my teacher is another guy - Sebastien :) Don't know if it really was an error... but Sebastien was a great guy, extremely patient, a school teacher and skiing instructor during the week-ends. The problem with skipass was solved easily - you just go :D In one hour I was skiing alone along the highway in zig-zag curve :)) I learned how-tos: stop, make a turn, fall down, ski on a higher speed - it was enough to pass the debutant's hill :) My enthusiasm returned to me, I was full of energy to ride all the debutant hills! And then, 16:00 came, time to go home... What a pitty, I would like to have still 2 more hours left :)) Probably now will leave this for the next week-end. But overall - Yahoo! I made it!

Update: Forgot to mention where I've been skiing - ski resort of Auron (alternative for more popular resort - Isola 2000).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liolik - tu jega! respekts!
very nice story ((: net uzsinorejau paslidinet - juk kaip tycia prisnigo!

Liolik said...

Aha, pabandyt verta :) Vakar vakare dar pamasciau o kurios kuno dalys man siandien skaudes, o skauda tik blauzdos nuo slidinejimo batu ;)