Friday, April 25, 2008

Exploring a western part of the world

The dreams have tendency to come to true, I think many of you know that. It happened so that just recently I woke up in San Francisco just after 12 hour cross-continental flight. I still feel like in a dream actually: strange noises of ambulance from outside, I remember seeing some strange black guys on the streets just like in the movies, taxi driver with a haircut of a provincial American guy and paying him the same money just like in Vilnius I would, but only in dollars. Also I already had an experience with guys working on American border. I appears that mine name was entered with some mistake in their system, so I was sent to another department for verification. Those guys were slightly tougher (just like in movies "just seat down and wait, we'll call ya"). Of course, they were very interested about the reason of my travel, it's business. I am going to give a talk on OASIS symposium in Santa Clara. After hearing this, the guy became extremely interested about what kind of symposium (Information Technology wasn't clear enough... he proved to be real American :) ), what is OASIS (later on he just googled that!), and lastly question about the topic: what is composability about? Wow! I tried my best :D I think he did not understood at the end as he asked: so you are using the same programming language? Ooh... Whatever... At the end I wasn't identified as a person that would stay in the United States.

So, now I have 7 o'clock in the morning and one thing that I want to do the most of all is to visit some shops with photo equipment :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wau, jega! kazkaip praleidau fakta kad ruosiesi i uzjuri keliaut [: prasau mums kuo daugiau tikru amerikietisku nuotrauku prademonstruot (: kada gryshi?

Liolik said...

Nzn, nzn... kazkaip nesinori grizt, baisiau jau man cia viskas patinka