Thursday, April 10, 2008

IR photography

I feel inspired with another new for me photography technique that Roota, a colleague from reach lithuanian photo world, has revealed recently to herself. So, I found a minute when I get tired of everything (the last month was quite busy and nervous) and googled around for a new term "IR photography". Lucky enough, I quickly found some advices for novice in this area and was extremely inspired with several pieces of art 1, 2. Also, as I lately have been thinking about macro photography and possible differences between 50mm macro lens and 100mm macro lens (both are 1:1 macro), I think I found the answers on this site. Technically the difference between these two is the minimum distance between lens and object. I thought like ok, less distance could be better in some way, then to have 50cm distance. The main problem usually becomes your shadow. On the other side, if the objects are insects, the bigger distance matters a lot as insects get scared easily. This is not written in the spec of lens :) However, looks like I didn't manage to understand that earlier while using P&S and was lucky to caught this guy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tai gal irgi IR filtra pirksi? :)

Liolik said...

As dar mastymo procese :) Reikia pasigylint ka IR filtru rinkoj siulo siaip ir pataria. Busiu neuzilgo shtatuose, tai gera proga pasishopint photo pardoj bus. Gal ir tau dar vieno filtro reik? ;)
Sitas visai geras pradinis variantas.