Saturday, November 10, 2007

French vacations

The time I was going to come here, I heard that french people have really many vacation days. It was like 35 vacation days, whereas in my country we got used to having 28, which means roughly a month with all weekends.

Another thing that I have heard, that french thought of a diffirent system for unemployer - to redure the amount of hours that full time employed people can work per week from 40 to 35 hours. Nice, yeah? :)

However, when I started to work here fulltime, not as an stagerie, the administration has given me a !booklet! to read about the rules and all that stuff. You may think - what the hell? You can tell it. But this booklet is about 20 pages and it is worth of reading. The best part of course was vacations :) So, I explain the system as it is:
- 30 vacation days per year to every employee in France (about 2.5 days per month)
- 1 day per month for something, don't remember now, maybe it's called RRT
- 0.5 day per month for that we work normaly 40 hours a week and they are sumed up

As the result we can count:
30 + 12 + 6 = 48 days

Can you believe it?! Can you imagine that most of the french companies in August close for vacations massively? For them it's not enough that they subsidise their French pea*Z*ants from the EU money, they have probably the biggest number of free days per year in EU! And keep in mind, that French are not so much of workaholicks, as we got used in our '3rd world country'!

This number basically explains why I get only 17 lunch coupons per month instead of 20-21, couse I work only half of the month per year :D

Have a nice Monday at your work ;)

No comments: